Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Immigration Approval - check!

As you recall, several weeks ago, Jeff, Jordan and I reported to our local USCIS (United States Customs and Immigration Services) office to be fingerprinted.  This was done in conjunction with the I600A form that we had filed once our home study was complete.

I really hadn't thought much about those fingerprints since the day that we did them but, on Saturday, we received in the mail, the approval from USCIS, also known as our I-171H.

What this means is that the USCIS / Department of Homeland Security has checked us out and approved our family to bring an orphan into the United States.

When I emailed our caseworker to ask what, if anything, needed to be done (aside from sending her a copy....which she will, in turn, forward to Ethiopia to be matched with our paperwork) she said, "nope, you've been approved".  And then she went on to say that we should/could be working on our vaccinations for the upcoming trip(s)!

I don't know if we've EVER been more excited to get shots.  (Actually, I've already had mine since I traveled to ET last year....but I'm really excited for everyone else to get theirs.)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I have a funny story to tell you about your Aunt Ann and finger prints sometime! Of course, I knew you guys would pass!

    ReplyDelete