Saturday, January 7, 2012

Melekame Gena

Today is Christmas in Ethiopia and my heart is there today.

On one hand, I can see the bright white smiles and hear the laughter as they celebrate together. I am so excited for our sponsor child, Teraku, who was receiving a package from us on this day and I am so very thankful that Jesus' birth made a way for us all to spend eternity together. That'll be the day.


On the other hand, the reality is that our daughter is there. Somewhere. And I don't know what her situation is; if she is hungry or cold. I don't know if anyone has or will wish her "Melkam Gena" today and/or if she will even eat today. Going there in my mind is hard on a momma.

It's funny. We don't know her but we already love her; we already imagine our life with her and long to have her here. That's only of God. Only He is capable of planting that kind of love in our hearts. And the best part is that He loves her MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment