Saturday, November 24, 2012

Dossi-Anniversier!

I was Facebook chatting with a fellow adoptive Mom earlier tonight when, all of a sudden, I realized that it was this very Saturday one year ago that Jeff & I found ourselves finally being able to send our dossier off.  (It was actually on November 26th but it was the Saturday following Thanksgiving....you can read about it here.)

I have to say.....I never in a million years thought that we would still be waiting for a referral this many months later.  I never thought that we would actually find ourselves as close to the top of the waiting list as we are now.  I really thought, because we weren't requesting an infant, that we would receive a referral long before we ever reached the top of the list....shows how much I know.  (His ways are not my ways; His thoughts not mine....but SO much better).

Tonight at dinner, Jeff and I were discussing how close we are and what our next steps will look like.  (By the way, for evidence of how close we are, you need only to see our reaction at the sound of my cell phone ringing.  For any of you that call my cell phone, don't take it personally when I sound disappointed that it is "just you").

AND....how close are we, you ask.  Well....officially we are #6 (as of November 1st), but unofficially, we are certain that we are #4 (because of two referrals that were given out at the beginning of the month) and we also know that one of the top two families is "on hold" for a referral for several months which would sortof make us #3.  There is also a rumor that another of the family's in front of us is on a hold as well (the one family has confirmed it on our FB page; this other family has not)...this would make us #2.  AND....if that is, in fact, the case, the one family in front of us is requesting a Girl, age 0-2 which would mean that we are the next family for a Girl over the age of 2 but under the age of 7.  Makes sense, right?


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at my blog the other day and saw "We're expecting a referral in 4-7 months"...and then "6-9 months, we should be home with our girl by Christmas"...and now, of course, it's "10-12 months". What a journey. So glad we're going through it in lock-step, girl. Can't wait for us both to get those calls. (Also, consider changing your ringtone for Lifeline. It'll save you a few skipped heart beats whenever your phone rings your "normal" ringtone.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night, as I was looking back, I reread our Christmas letter "announcement" to our friends & family...I was so sure that she would be in this year's picture. We were actually told when we started that our referral should take no more than 3 or 4 months. Here's hoping this is our week!

      Re: ringtone.....why didn't I think of that? :)

      Delete