Friday, November 9, 2012

While We Wait

If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you know about my youngest niece, Sadie.  (There's a cute Sadie story HERE).

(Who am I kidding?  If you have read or are reading my blog, you're related and, of course you know Sadie.)

Today, my sister Ashley (aka Sadie's mom), Sadie and myself went to Nashville's annual Christmas Village.  At one point, we were in a booth for a Ugandan ministry that had bracelets for sale to benefit orphans.  First, Sadie helped me choose an African mama doll carrying a baby on her back.  As I was paying for the doll, Sadie came carrying a bracelet and some money.  She proudly told the lady checking us out that it wasn't for her but it was for her cousin in Africa.  So sweet.  And, of course, we had to make sure that Sadie got one of her own as well.  Here she is showing it off:


By the way, Sadie's family is really close to having their own family added to soon.  All of their paperwork, etc. should be completed next week to officially begin accepting foster children into their home.  We're all thinking some big phone calls are in order in the coming days.

In the meantime, being so close to the top of the ol' waiting list is really exciting; especially considering that the month of November has already been very active in the referral department...and there's still a lot of November left.

One of the things that I have found really helpful in the wait is our agency's Facebook group.  It's always nice to "spend time" with people who "get" what you're going through.  If you happen to be a Lifeline family and would like to be added to the FB group, please leave me a comment and I'll be happy to add you.


No comments:

Post a Comment