Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's Official....We're "Moving"


(And if absolutely nothing about that statement means a thing to you, you can "catch up" here, here and here.)

Moving ahead, that is.

This blog has been in existence for quite some time but has been kept private until now. It has served as a diary of sorts; a place to store some of the details of what God seemed to be revealing in our lives.

And so, here we are....going public (with our news and with this blog).

After much prayer, much consideration, some trying to convince God that surely he didn't mean us; some rejoicing, some fear and LOTS of paperwork (and, really, it's only the beginning)........

WE ARE ADOPTING!

I have to be honest.....at this very moment, I feel like I should have SO much more to say but, really, what else is there?

We feel called to respond to the gospel in this manner. In His word, he said that he would not leave them as orphans. And we are His hands and His feet.

God has been so real in our lives in this regard and I will share more of this when I find my words....for now, we just wanted you to know and we covet your prayers for this exciting time for our family.

Somewhere in Ethiopia, we have a daughter; our boys have a sister.....will you pray for her too?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! Praying!!! So excited to see how your journey unfolds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for your family Kelley! Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley!! I am thrilled to hear your news. Welcome to the crazy world of adoption. I can not wait to see your story unfold and I hope our girls will be friends one day - maybe they already are!! I will be praying for your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't be happier for you two. You both are two of my very favorite people and I know your daughter will be BLESSED to have you as parents. In turn, I know she will bless you both even more :-) That's how God works. You set out on this journey thinking He will use you to help them and you find out along the way, that the blessings they heap on you are so much greater. It is not a simple journey but it IS rewarding. I'm praying for you and for the day when our sweet little brown girls can play together. God be with you.

    ReplyDelete