Saturday, January 8, 2011

Moving (Part III)

So, time has passed and I finally get on Amazon to see what I can find out about this book that my Pastor has recommended. It takes only a moment when I discover that the book by Russell Moore is titled "Adopted for Life". I order it. I begin to read and, funny enough, it gives me a peace that I haven't had. Not peace as in "you're off the hook" but peace as in "I've got it under control". I begin to be able to rest, to wait and to watch.

Fast forward a couple of months and our Pastor delivers a powerful sermon on James 1. He says the words that I've come to know are truth but haven't yet been spoken. And those words are, in summary, that we (Christians) are ALL called to do SOMETHING. It's up to us. We ARE His hands and feet after all. He gave us three ways to help. 1.) To adopt 2.) To financially assist someone else who is adopting and, 3.) To pray. At the end of the sermon, he asked anyone who was willing to do one of these three things to come forward. As we bowed our head to pray, I saw movement (which, at the time, I thought were people going forward even though Joe had said to come after the prayer.....actually I know now that it was our musicians getting in place). I nearly sprinted to the front of the church. Needless to say, I was the first one there. : ) Jeff wasn't sitting with me but it wasn't long until I felt his hand in mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment